This article refers to the Barracuda Backup Legacy Release firmware or newer, and Barracuda Backup Agent (Windows) on the same major release.
Install Barracuda Backup Agent
Use the following steps to install the Barracuda Backup Agent:
- Log in to the Barracuda Backup web interface, select the desired appliance in the left pane, and go to the System > Software Downloads page.
- Download the Barracuda Backup Agent 6.x (Windows) to your local system or server.
- Navigate to the download location, and run the executable; the installer self-extracts.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
Add Data Sources
Use the following steps to add the Data Source to Barracuda Backup:
- Log in to the Barracuda Backup web interface, select the desired appliance in the left pane, and go to the Backup > Sources page.
- Click Add Computer.
- Enter the following backup source information:
- Enable backups – Enable backups based on a configured backup schedule.
- Computer description – Name to identify the server.
- Computer name – Enter the FQDN or IP address; must be resolvable on your local network.
- Computer type – Data source device type. Select Microsoft Windows
- For network file shares, select Enable File Share Backups, and enter your credentials.
- Click Save. Specify the data source details in the Add Data Source page.
- In the Add to Schedule section, select an existing schedule from the drop-down menu, or click Add New to create a new schedule.
- Click Save. The Edit Backup schedule page displays.
- Choose Select all items to back up the entire computer, or choose Select specific items to granularly select specific sets of data to back up; note that you can configure multiple schedules for each source, each with different sets of data.
- Specify the time of day the schedule is to run, and click Save.
Set Up Retention
Once you have your data source items set up for backup, you can set up retention policies.