Barracuda Updates NG Firewall
Barracuda Networks has discharged the most recent adaptation of Barracuda NG Firewall with new and refreshed highlights intended to rearrange setup, organization and administration for K-12 and advanced education systems.
Barracuda NG Firewall is a line of system firewalls that are accessible as equipment or virtual machines. Dissimilar to conventional system firewalls, which channel activity in view of ports and conventions just, NG Firewall is intended to channel movement in light of uses or different sorts of activity going through system ports. The most recent variant includes highlights for instructive establishments, including support for safe seeking approaches, YouTube EDU content sifting, a self-benefit entryway for clients and an iOS application for framework directors.
Key features of Barracuda NG Firewall include:
- SafeSearch for enforcing strict Web searching policies;
- YouTube for Schools for restricting students’ YouTube EDU access to education content only;
- Integration with wireless access points for visibility and policy enforcement;
- Remote access management for Mac OS X, Windows and iOS devices through a self-service portal; and
- Barracuda NG Remote iOS application that allows network administrators to access the NG Firewall control center and appliances remotely using their mobile device.
Barracuda NG Firewall is part of the company’s Total Threat Protection initiative, which is designed to protect email, Web applications, remote access, Web browsing, mobile Internet access and the network perimeter.