Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series
Next-Generation Firewalls for the Cloud Era
In the cloud era, network firewalls must do more than secure your network. They must also ensure you have uninterrupted network availability and robust access to cloud-hosted applications.
The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series is a family of hardware, virtual, and cloud-based appliances that protect and enhance your dispersed network infrastructure. They deliver advanced security by tightly integrating a comprehensive set of next-generation firewall technologies, including Layer 7 application profiling, intrusion prevention, web filtering, malware and advanced threat protection, antispam protection, and network access control.
In addition, the F-Series combines highly resilient VPN technology with intelligent traffic management and WAN optimization capabilities. This lets you reduce line costs, increase overall network availability, improve site-to-site connectivity, and ensure uninterrupted access to applications hosted in the cloud. Scalable centralized management helps you reduce administrative overhead while defining and enforcing granular policies across your entire dispersed network.
The F-Series cloud-ready firewalls are ideal for multi-site enterprises, managed service providers, and other organizations with complex, dispersed network infrastructures.
Security for the Cloud Era
Security paradigms are shifting—and securing your network perimeter is no longer good enough. In the cloud era, workloads happen everywhere, users are increasingly mobile, and potential attack surfaces are multiplying. Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series is purpose-built to deal with the challenges of securing widely distributed networks.
Advanced Threat Protection
In today’s constantly evolving threat landscape, your organization faces zero-hour malware exploits and advanced persistent threats that routinely bypass traditional, signature-based IPS and antivirus engines. Barracuda Advaned Threat Protection gives your security infrastructure the ability to identify and block new, sophisticated threats-without affecting network performance and throughput.
Advaned Threat Protection is available on all Barracuda Cloud Era NextGen Firewall models.
Barracuda Cloud Era Firewalls include full next gen Security paired with all network optimization and management functionality today known as Secure SD-WAN. This includes true zero touch deployment (ZTD), dynamic bandwidth measurement, performance based transport selection, application specific routing and even data duplication and WAN optimization technology. VPN tunnels between sites can make use of multiple uplinks simultaneously and dynamically assign the best path for the application.
- Balancing of Internet traffic across multiple uplinks to minimize downtime and improve performance
- VPN across multiple broadband connections and MPLs replacement
- Up to 24 physical uplinks to create highly redundant VPN tunnels
- Replacing network backhauling central policy enforcement architectures with direct internet break outs
- Faster access to cloud applications like office365 by dynamically prioritizing them over non-critical traffic
- Guaranteed users’ access to critical applications through granular policy controls
- Increased available bandwidth with built-in traffic compression and data deduplication
- Auto creation of VPN tunnels between spokes in a hub-and-spoke architecture to enhance connection quality for latency-sensitive traffic