Barracuda NG Firewall
It’s always great when our solutions receive industry recognition, but having the Barracuda NextGen Firewall for Azure named “Best Security Product” by the editors of Redmond really hits home as a truly special honor. As the first Microsoft Azure Certified Security Solution Provider, Barracuda is working closely with Microsoft across our entire organization to secure customer applications in Azure.
Here’s what you need to know about this particular award:
Recognition: 2017 Redmond Channel Partner Editor’s Choice Awards: Best Products for Microsoft Partners
Category: Best Security Product
Barracuda Solution Honored: Barracuda NextGen Firewall for Microsoft Azure
Redmond says: “The public cloud has the potential to both complicate and simplify security. Complications come from the additional attack surface, the many connections to other areas of the enterprise and a general lack of experience with the issues in this relatively young sector. Simplification comes from the ability to make deployment of security solutions easier by spinning them up in the cloud. Addressing both areas is the Barracuda NextGen Firewall for Azure.”
Redmond added, “The firewall from Barracuda Networks Inc., which is also the winner of the 2016 Microsoft Azure Certified ISV Solution Partner of the Year award, is designed to secure connectivity between offices, virtual networks, datacenters and multiple clouds.”
Get the full story here: https://rcpmag.com/Articles/2017/04/01/Editors-Choice-Awards-2017.aspx?Page=3#security
Barracuda NextGen Firewall for Microsoft Azure offers:
- Granular security and policy management
- Full application visibility / full user awareness
- IPS, URL filtering, antivirus and Advanced Threat Protection
- Outstanding traffic visibility tools
- High availability support
Key Use Cases include:
- Securing connectivity between offices, VNets, datacenters, clouds
- Providing flexible VPN remote access from laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Segmenting and monitoring multi-tier network architectures
- Enhancing Azure ExpressRoute security
9 Apps to Give You the Most Bang for Your Breaks!
Try the Pomodoro Technique
A short break can go a long way, especially when your employees are so exhausted that they can’t even focus. This is particularly true if the task at hand is something which is long, tiresome, or downright boring. Taking a moment to catch your breath is a great way for the brain to catch up, rather than continue on at the speed of a snail.
The Pomodoro Technique attempts to provide workers with these short breaks. Francesca Cirillo introduced the Pomodoro Technique in the 1980s, and named it after the famous tomato-shaped kitchen timer. The way this works is by splitting your workday into periods of work and breaks, and using periodic breaks to optimize the amount of energy your brain has to work with. Another benefit of this is that it helps you better manage the time spent on certain tasks, allowing you to put more focus on tasks that have deadlines.
This technique depends on your ability to focus and devote time to specific tasks, so only the most diligent workers will be able to maximize their productivity in this manner.
Apps That Can Help
- ClearFocus: ClearFocus is an Android-based timer, which lets you set increments to certain tasks. The app will even count down until it’s time to take a break or move on to the next task.
- Focus Booster: Focus Booster tries to use the Pomodoro Technique to optimize focus, while also using tracking and reporting for business-related purposes. Due to this business focus, Focus Booster is not a free solution. Subscriptions are a meager $2.99/month.
- PomoDone: PomoDone is a way for users to configure their schedules, so long as you keep an eye on how long your subscription lasts.
Get Up and Go
If you want to make sure that your break is actually a break, get away from the office for a bit and go for a walk. Sitting is pretty bad for you, and it’s been proven that a little midday movement can help you stay healthier. This is especially true if your business has an in-house gymnasium or the benefits of a gym membership, as fitness equipment can be readily accessible during the offtime.
Of course, even something as simple as a walk can help. Give your body the chance to refresh itself by taking in some beautiful scenery.
Apps That Can Help
- Wherever Workout: This is an Android app that provides exercise procedures for any type of scenario you can imagine. This includes workouts that can only be done exclusively in the office. This helps to keep you both happy and healthy, even when in the office, and it’s free.
- Workout Trainer (Android and iOS): Workout Trainer provides you with plenty of exercises, all explained in fine detail. Unlike some other workout apps, this one makes sure that you know how to properly do it in order to minimize the possibility of an injury.
- Pedometer & Weight Loss Coach: (Android and iOS) This app is mostly just a calorie counter, and it will track the user’s steps. You can also use the History function that can give you a pattern of how you used the app so you can make better health decisions.
The office environment isn’t a walk in the park, and it can often be stressful. Past all of the deadlines and office culture, however, is sweet reprieve. Just take a deep breath and try to relax. Stress is counterintuitive for productivity, so you can use breathing exercises to clear your head and get back in the game.
Apps That Can Help
- Calm: This is a web app that lets the user listen to ambient sounds to help them relax. Calm also offers the ability to program a noise that lets you know when you have to get back to work.
- Breathe2Relax: (Android and iOS) This app functions as both an educational tool to show users how stress affects their body, as well as a deep-breathing guide for stabilizing your mood.
- Smart Breathe: (Android and iOS) Smart Breathe shows users exactly how to do breathing exercises, and even better, it’s free.
How do you spend your breaks? Let us know in the comments.
3 Ways Car Owners Can Relate to IT Administrators
Let’s explore this thought experiment further. In the same way that your technology can break down, so too can your car. Here are three ways that technology failure is just as crippling as having problems with your automobile.
Technology and Cars are Expensive
When you last went over your organization’s IT budget, did you notice how incredibly expensive certain hardware is? A server unit sets your business back a pretty penny, and if you’re a small business, you need all of the flexibility you can get with your budget. When you’re forced to spend so much capital at once, it can lead to deficits for months, or even years.
Think about it in terms of the automobile. If you take care of your car, it can last for five, ten, or even twenty years, depending on the make and model. Otherwise, you have to take a loan out to pay for a new vehicle every couple of years, which is both difficult and expensive.
Technology and Cars are Practically Necessary
There are a few notable exceptions to the above statement, but for most offices, technology has become a critical part of operations. Due to the increased involvements that technology has with automating workflows and providing more efficient access to productivity applications, it’s no surprise that technology is not just required, but absolutely crucial. Thus, if the technology systems break down, the organization is out of luck. They won’t be able to access their data or applications until the problem is resolved.
In a similar manner, the automobile is needed to drive places. If it breaks down, you’re stuck in one place, unable to move forward. This is especially a problem for those who live in an area where public transportation isn’t as developed as that of an inner city.
Technology and Cars Require Expert Attention
Have you ever bought parts for your vehicle and put the time and effort into fixing it yourself? Unless you’re an expert, this can be a challenging endeavor. If you can’t tell your engine oil from your windshield washer fluid, chances are that you should let a professional mechanic take a crack at your problem. Just like a vehicle, your technology solutions need professional maintenance. Someone with a few days’ worth of experience won’t cut it. You need someone who has dedicated their life to the craft–someone who knows the quirks of cloud computing, and the pains of productivity suites.
What you need is someone like COMPANYNAME.
Our professional technicians have been around the block a time or two, and we have the skills and expertise to help your business resolve even the most critical technology troubles. Furthermore, we take preventative and proactive measures to mitigate problems in the long run. To learn more, reach out to us at PHONENUMBER.